Dare to Ask Summer: KINK
Literally “a sharp twist or curve in something that is otherwise straight”
Kink is an umbrella term that covers a wide range of experiencing and fulfilling one’s sexuality, but also ways of identifying. Kink can include, among others, BDSM and other forms of caring/relationships. Kink can be a practice, a lifestyle, or even an identity.
Kink is a group of practices intended to enhance intimacy by going past what is usually considered conventional.
Kink is not:
- is not only BDSM.
- not every person is interested in power-exchange play.
- does not always result in intercourses.
- the keyword is enhanced intimacy.
It is possibly the most well-known KINK-practice
BDSM is an acronym and stands for:
- BD: bondage and discipline, exchange of control.
- DS: dominance and submission, exchange of authority.
- SM: sadism and masochism, exchange of sensation.
(S. Goerlich 2021)
CHECK ALSO MY INSTASTORIES daretoask_summer: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeS4Z3nNi2W/